Followers

Sunday, September 15, 2019

THE FIRST 50 PAGES


Image result for we are okay

Book: WE ARE OKAY by Nina LaCour
This book is quite interesting. When I first saw it I thought that the cover was kinda cool. When I read what it was about I wondered if it was going to be a good book. As I started reading it it was okay, but there wasn't any type of emotion from the character. She spoke with no emotions I figured she's depressed because of the way she is living and how she talks about the things around her as if it has no real meaning. As I got closer to reading almost the first 50 pages I realized that this book is actually quite interesting. From what I understand of this character she doesn't want to deal with her reality so she ran away and tries not to think about it until her best friend comes to visit her and talks about her deceased grandpa trying to make her face her reality. What I really like about it is that it points out an unhealthy coping mechanism that people turn to in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment